– 00 philips screwdriver
1) Remove the front and rear skates from the mouse. Unscrew the seven screws with a 00 philips screwdriver.
2) Pinch the sides of the mouse to create a gap at the back. Carefully pull apart the mouse from the rear as there are wires connecting the two halves. Set the top shell to the side.
3) Unplug the battery wire by pulling on it. Unplug the ribbon cable by pulling up on the connector lock, then pulling the ribbon cable out.
4) Unplug the magnetic charging wire harness from the pc board.
5) Unscrew the three screws holding the pc board to the base and remove the pc board from the base. Make sure to grab the power switch as well as this will be reused.
6) Optionally, unscrew the retention clips for the magnets if you want to reuse them with the new base.
7) Grab the lightweight base and put the pc board along with the power switch on it (the red is towards the front of the mouse). Reinstall the three screws. Do not overtighten, these just need to be barely snug.
Optionally, install the magnets and wire harness.
9) Fold the top shell over the base and screw in the seven screws that hold the base to the top shell.
11) Stick on some new mouse skates. They are positioned in the same spot as they were on the original base. Congratulations, you’re all done!
We recommend taking some time to test it out. Sometimes the lift off distance may need to be slightly adjusted.