– #1 philips screwdriver
1) Remove the rear skate from the mouse. Removing the front skate is unnecessary. Unscrew the two screws with a #1 philips screwdriver.
2) Pinch the sides of the mouse to start separating the top and bottom half. Carefully pull the two halves apart. There is a ribbon cable connecting the two halves.
3) Unplug the ribbon cable by pulling up on the connector lock, then pulling the cable out. Set the top half off to the side.
4) Unscrew the five #1 philips screws to remove the pc board. Make sure to grab the power switch as well as this will be reused.
5) Grab the lightweight base and put the pc board onto the base. Make sure the power switch is aligned properly. Screw in the five #1 philips screws.
6) Grab the top shell. Pull up on the ribbon connector lock, insert the ribbon cable, and push the connector lock back down.
7) Insert the base at an angle into the front of the top shell to engage the tabs on the base into the top shell. After the tabs are engaged, swing the rear of the base closed.
8) Screw in the two rear screws on the base.
9) Stick on some new mouse skates. They are positioned in the same spot as they were on the original base. Congratulations, you’re all done!
We recommend taking some time to test it out. Sometimes the lift off distance may need to be slightly adjusted.